Rocker.Foruma.Biz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rocker.Foruma.Biz

Rock'n Yeni Adresi

AnasayfaKapıGaleriAramaLatest imagesKayıt OlGiriş yap

Billie'den Sex Pistols Yazısı

Aşağa gitmek 
YazarMesaj
ArZu
Admin
Admin
ArZu

Kadın
Mesaj Sayısı : 470
Yaş : 29
Nerden : ßaşlasam xD
En sevdiği Grup : Zardanadam
En sevdiği şarkı : gözümün yaşını sildim ben
Ruh Halim : Billie'den Sex Pistols Yazısı Sessiz10
Yasal UYARI ! : Dikkat Dikkat Rocker forum 15 dk'dan sonra bağımlılık etkisi yaratır => YASAL UYARI...!
Kayıt tarihi : 03/07/08

Kişi sayfası
Rocker Forum: Rocker Forum

Billie'den Sex Pistols Yazısı Empty
MesajKonu: Billie'den Sex Pistols Yazısı   Billie'den Sex Pistols Yazısı I_icon_minitimePerş. Tem. 17, 2008 10:39 am

The Sex Pistols released just one album -- Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols -- but it punched a huge hole in everything that was bullshit about rock music, and everything that was going wrong with the world, too. No one else has had that kind of impact with one album. You can hear their influence everywhere from Joy Division to Guns n' Roses to Public Enemy to the Smiths to Slayer. Never Mind the Bollocks is the root of everything that goes on at modern-rock radio. It's just an amazing thing that no one's been able to live up to.

It's a myth that these guys couldn't play their instruments. Steve Jones is one of the best guitarists of all time, as far as I'm concerned -- he taught me how a Gibson should sound through a Marshall. Paul Cook was an amazing drummer with a distinct sound, right up there with Keith Moon or Charlie Watts. There are bands out there still trying to sound like the Sex Pistols and can't, because they were great players.

The difference between John Lydon and a lot of other punk singers is that they can only emulate what he was doing naturally. There was nothing about him that was contrived. As far as the bass player goes, I don't think it was necessarily a mistake to replace Glen Matlock with Sid Vicious. Matlock was cool, but Sid was everything that's cool about punk rock: a skinny rocker who had a ton of attitude, sort of an Elvis, James Dean kind of guy. That said, there's nothing romantic about being addicted to heroin. He was capable of playing his instrument, but he was too fucked up to do it.

The things that Lydon wrote about back in '76 and '77 are totally relevant to what's going on right now. They paint an ugly picture. No one ever had the guts to say what they said, to talk about someone getting an abortion. The only person who did anything similar to it was Bob Dylan, and even Bob Dylan was never that blunt.

When I first heard them, I was fourteen or fifteen and into a lot of heavy-metal and hard-rock music. I think I was at a girl's house. I remember hearing those boot stomps to "Holidays in the Sun." And then the guitar came roaring through like thunder. By the time Lydon's vocal came in, I definitely wanted to destroy my past and create something new for myself. That's sort of the impact that they always had on me and my music. Anytime that I'm trying to create something, I always refer to the Sex Pistols, because it shows you what the possibilities are as far as music. You don't have to emulate what the Sex Pistols do, but thanks to them, you can take it anywhere.

grndy grndy grndy grndy

izlerini herkes de görebilirsiniz, Joy

Division'dan Guns'n Roses'a, Public Enemy'den The

Smiths'e, Slayer'a. Never Mind The Bollocks Modern

Rock Radyosunun temelini oluşturdu. Bu hiçkimsenin

ulaşamayacağı kadar büyük birşey.

Grup üyelerinin enstrümanlarını çalamadıklarına

dair bir efsane var. Steve Jones bildiğim

kadaryıla gelmiş geçmiş en iyi gitaristlerden

biri. bana Gibson'dan çıkan sesin nasıl Marshall'a

yönledirileceğini o öğretti.Paul Cook'un inanılmaz

bir baterist olduğu aşikar. Sex Pistols gibi

olmaya çalışan birçok grup var ama olamazlar,

çünkü onlar harika müzisyenlerdi.

John Lydon'ın diğer punk vokalistlerinde farkı

onlar gibi özenti olmaması, doğal olmasıdır.

Planlayarak yaptığı hiçbir şey yoktu. Bas gitara

gelirsek, Glen Matlock'u Sid Vicious ile

değiştirmelerinin büyük bir hata olduğunu

düşünmüyorum. Matlock iyiydi, ama Sid'in punk rock

ile igili herşeyi iyiydi: sıska kendine has tavrı

olan bir rockçı, bir çeşit Elvis gibi James Dean

gibi biri. Eroin bağımlısı olmamanın hiçbir güzel

yanı yok demişti.Gitar çalmada yetenekliydi ama iş

uygulamaya geldiğinde gerçekten berbattı.

Lydon'ın '76-'77 yazdıkları günümüzle tamamen

alakalı. Çirkin bir portre çizmişlerdi.Daha önce

kürtaja onunla ilgili şarkı yazacak kadar önem

vermemişti. Onlara benzer şeyi Bob Dylan yapmıştı

ama o bile Sex Pistols kadar açık sözlü

olamamıştı.

Onları ilk duyduğumda 14-15 yaşlarımdaydım ve

heavy-metal ve hard rock ile iç içeydim. Sanırım

bir kızın evindeydim."Holidays in the Sun"'ın

başını duyduğumu hatırlıyorum. Hemen ardından

Lydon'ın vokali geldi, ve ben o anda bütün

geçmişimi yıkıp kendime yeni bir başlangıç